What Is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a holistic, hands-on therapy whose aim is to treat pain and dysfunctions in the body to restore the body’s natural self-healing capabilities and as a result optimize your health and wellness.
An Osteopathic Manual Practitioner will use techniques which address disorders and dysfunctions of the structure and function of the body and its related tissues such as bones, muscles, joints, ligaments, soft tissue, and organs or viscera.
Osteopathy applies the principles of manual therapy, craniosacral, anatomy, physiology, stretching, muscle energy techniques (MET) and strengthening to find the cause of their client’s pain and rid the body of imbalances to encourage the body’s self-healing capacity.
Some Types of Conditions an Osteopathic Manual Practitioner Can Treat:
- Joints, myofascial and muscle pain
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Neck, shoulder, ribs, elbow, back, hip, knee, and foot pain
- Pain referred from organs or viscera
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- TMJ/Jaw Dysfunctions
- Chronic Pain
- Migraines and Headaches
- Sciatica and Low Back Pain
- Constipation, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Digestive Issues
- Pain and Dysfunctions due to Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Post-Concussion Syndrome
If you would like to speak to our Osteopathic Manual Practitioner about your condition, please give us a call 613-722-2148 or email us at email@example.com